Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dresser and a little birdie make-over



I found this beat-up old dresser on Craigslist and brought it home for $15.00.  I loved the little details and I saw some potential.  The yellow was a fun color, but not my style and it really needed a fresh coat of paint.

Before 

I also found this little bird at the local thrift store and decided to give it a make over as well.



After






I spray painted the bird an antique white and  I sanded, primed, painted and distressed the dresser.  It really adds a shabby chic/cottage feel to the room.


You can find this and other great frugal ideas at The Shabby Nest.

6 comments:

  1. Love the new dresser. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH boy. I love how your dresser turned out. Especially with the yellow peeking through. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a bird design todaay to share. How can you go wrong with birds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks sooo pretty! it is amazing what a little white paint can do and how it can soften, freshen, and update. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you from the Shabby Nest and I'm now a follower!

    Love the dresser and how you painted the bird both are so neat together!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete