Friday, May 28, 2010

Thrift Store Frame Re-do




I wanted to add a romantic accessory to our bedroom and I found a lot of inspiration on the web.  It is truly amazing to see all of the talent out there!  I decided to make some artwork out of an old frame that I found at the local thrift store and some twine from the dollar store.


You will need:
frame
twine
hot glue gun
ruler
pencil

Start by measuring and marking with a pencil on the back of the frame where you would like to put the twine.  I marked mine every 2 inches. Measure and cut pieces of the twine to fit the frame. Then, simply apply some glue on the back side of the frame pressing firmly and stretching twine to both sides.



I purchased some mini clothes pins and put up a wedding picture.  Placing the frame on our bedside table really makes a nice addition to the room.  It's a simple project, but it can add character to any spot.




You can find this and other great frugal projects at The Shabby Nest.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandy! I just found your blog and I really love it! I found it through the Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday. I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll visit my blog, too!

    theeclecticowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete